For the chicken, in a large bowl combine
- 3-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Stir the mixture until the chicken is thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
When you are ready to prepare the meal, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. You can also prepare the chicken on a grill or grill pan.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the topping.
For the topping, gently combine
- 1 cup plum or grape tomatoes, cut in ½
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Dash of salt and pepper
When the chicken is cooked, top with
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
Top the chicken/cheese with the avocado/tomato mixture.