This chopped Mexican salad is the best easy side dish for tacos and enchiladas! It’s topped with savory cilantro lime dressing and crunchy tortilla strips.
- 3 Romaine hearts (8 cups chopped)
- 2 cups baby greens, like baby kale (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions (or Pickled Red Onions)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 radishes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 handful roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Dressing (pick one): Cilantro Lime Dressing, Creamy Cilantro Dressing, Lime Vinaigrette or Taco Salad Dressing (fastest)
- Add-ons: Crispy Tortilla Strips, crumbled feta or cotija cheese, chopped avocado, black beans, or chopped cucumber
- If using, make the Crispy Tortilla Strips. Or, make them the day before and store in a sealed container in the pantry until serving.
- Make the dressing: Cilantro Lime Dressing, Creamy Cilantro Dressing (pictured), Lime Vinaigrette or Taco Salad Dressing (fastest!)
- Chop the vegetables: Chop the romaine. Thinly slice the red onion (follow the instructions at 1:30 of this video). Slice tomatoes in half. Thinly slice the radishes. Defrost the corn. Prepare any other add-on veggies as appropriate. Add a sprinkle of salt on the tomatoes, radishes, and corn to lightly season them.
- Serve: Place the greens on the plate and top with the vegetables (and tortilla strips, if using). Top with the dressing and serve. If making in advance, refrigerate the components separately; bring the dressing to room temperature before serving