Baked Feta Pasta With Shrimp
This Baked Feta Pasta is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe that works well for everyone! It is made with a handful of simple ingredients all in one pan for a perfectly fuss-free lunch or dinner that’s so delicious and easy to make.
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped or pressed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 oz block feta cheese
- 1 lb medium-sized raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. pasta GF if needed, whole grain, or lentil pasta
- 2 cups packed baby spinach roughly chopped, or a handful of basil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- chopped parsley or basil, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- To a large baking dish, add the tomatoes, olive oil, seasoning, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Make some space in the middle to add the feta cheese and turn it into the oil to coat on both sides.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately stir everything together until the tomatoes and feta combine into a creamy sauce.
- Add in the shrimp and bake for 6-8 minutes more, or until the shrimp is pink, curled, and opaque
- While the shrimp is baking, cook the pasta to al-dente, according to the package directions. Save 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain well.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir in the spinach, lemon zest, drained pasta, and hot pasta water. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley or fresh basil, if desired, and serve immediately!
- Pasta: use any of your favorite pasta. Healthier options can be lentil or chickpea pasta
- Cheese: the original recipe calls for feta cheese. Some may not like feta cheese and would like to use another type of cheese. Other options can be goat cheese, burrata, and Boursin creamy cheese blocks.
Oil: Avocado oil will also work.
Tomatoes: we highly recommend using cherry or grape tomatoes. They tend to be juicier and much more flavorful.
Garlic: Best to use fresh garlic for optimal flavor.
Veggies: you may add other veggies like kale, olives, or mushrooms. We used spinach for a boost of nutrition.
Shrimp: this is optional. You can skip the protein altogether or add some cooked chicken.
Herbs: Italian seasoning or oregano works best. You may also add some fresh basil at the end.
Store leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.